Rash vest warmth ?
BC
2008-12-08 07:42:09 UTC
Will a standard lycra surf rash vest worn under my wetsuit add any extra
warmth ?

Or would I need a specific thermal type to have that effect ?

BC
Hoges in WA
2008-12-09 12:59:24 UTC
Post by BC
Will a standard lycra surf rash vest worn under my wetsuit add any extra
warmth ?
Or would I need a specific thermal type to have that effect ?
BC
All it would do would be to keep the bit of water your body just warmed up
right where it is.

Which is what you want.

I wear a normal rashy often, especially if I just use my suit bit without
the jacket.

Well, it's not really normal - it's bloody huge, which just about fits me
around the middle these days.
Anonymous Loser
2008-12-09 22:47:23 UTC
We swear by the thermal type.
Both the missus and I have 'sharkskin' brand and love them
They hold quite a bit of water, and seem to be neutrally bouyant

Good to see some activity on the board too! :)

Mick G
BC
BC
2008-12-10 12:12:53 UTC
Ah cool..(er..warm lol )..yeah, I'll check out the sharkskin...I never
realized it was an actual brand...thought peole were always just refering to
the "slick" wetsuit stuff...

I was looking at the Mares Therma Guard 0.5mm short sleeve...though someone
mentioned I should consider a long sleeve...I thought that may be more
hassle getting the wetsuit over etc...but apparently it will aod that ???

bc