Perth info wanted
Anonymous Loser
2008-06-15 12:20:36 UTC
We're heading to Perth late August for the first time and will be able to
squeeze in a few days diving while over there.

Looks like we'll be able to get 3 days diving in, and I'm thinking, in no
particular order
Rottnest Island
HMAS Swan
Busselton Pier

Anyone have any companies to recommend, or avoid over there?
Or any lesser known sites that might be better options?

Cheers,
Mick
Hoges in WA
2008-06-15 14:35:18 UTC
Post by Anonymous Loser
We're heading to Perth late August for the first time and will be able to
squeeze in a few days diving while over there.
snipped
You are certainly dicing with the weather. Middle of winter and all.

Rotto = Perth Diving Academy. Depends on where you're staying whether you
go from Hillarys or from Rous Head in Freo. I did the Hillarys departure in
May - good day, and the weather was superb. I'm biased here, as I learnt to
dive with PDA in Jan 1980.

Swan - maybe Dunsborough diving but I don't know them now. There's a
Busselton diving mob in the Geographe Marina (also have a shop in town on
the main drag) that I've been on the jetty with. Coastal Water dive in
Bunbury does Busso Jetty dives, too, as well as some Swans.

PDA
http://www.perthdiving.com.au/enter.html

In Bunbury. I live near here and this is my "lds"

http://www.coastalwaterdive.com.au/

Busselton. These guys are about 30km down the road from me.

http://www.diveshed.com.au/index.php

Don't know the Dunsborough one. May be a different name??

http://www.capediveexperience.com/en/index.php

hth
Hoges in WA
Fraser Johnston
2008-06-18 03:06:44 UTC
Post by Anonymous Loser
We're heading to Perth late August for the first time and will be able to
squeeze in a few days diving while over there.
Looks like we'll be able to get 3 days diving in, and I'm thinking, in no
particular order
Rottnest Island
HMAS Swan
Busselton Pier
Anyone have any companies to recommend, or avoid over there?
Or any lesser known sites that might be better options?
Perth Dive Academy has a really nicely setup dive boat called Lionfish 4. It
heads from Fremantle to Rottnest. Great people on board and they make an apple
crumble to die for.

Fraser
Hoges in WA
Bastards! We didn't get apple crumble on the Hillarys-to-Rottnest one!!
Fraser Johnston
2008-06-25 08:46:02 UTC
Post by Anonymous Loser
We're heading to Perth late August for the first time and will be able to
squeeze in a few days diving while over there.
Looks like we'll be able to get 3 days diving in, and I'm thinking, in no
particular order
Rottnest Island
HMAS Swan
Busselton Pier
Anyone have any companies to recommend, or avoid over there?
Or any lesser known sites that might be better options?
Perth Dive Academy has a really nicely setup dive boat called Lionfish 4. It
heads from Fremantle to Rottnest. Great people on board and they make an
apple crumble to die for.
Fraser
Bastards! We didn't get apple crumble on the Hillarys-to-Rottnest one!!
Only on Lionfish IV I think.

Fraser
Anonymous Loser
2008-06-23 08:47:45 UTC
Thanks guys, two votes for P.D.A.
We have a winner...

Not 'too' worried about the weather, dive all year round in Melb, so just
looking forward to getting over there!

Cheers,
Mick G
[SNIP]
Hoges in WA
2008-09-04 11:38:03 UTC
Post by Anonymous Loser
We're heading to Perth late August for the first time and will be able to
squeeze in a few days diving while over there.
Looks like we'll be able to get 3 days diving in, and I'm thinking, in no
particular order
Rottnest Island
HMAS Swan
Busselton Pier
Anyone have any companies to recommend, or avoid over there?
Or any lesser known sites that might be better options?
Cheers,
Mick
REPORT! REPORT!

Go on, tell us how it turned out.